An Independent Living Community That's Like One Big Family
Most of our residents have said that moving to The Woodlands was the best decision they’ve ever made. Some have described it as living in a five-star, luxury resort. And all agree that beyond the beautiful grounds, spacious residences, gracious dining and endless activities—it is the caring staff and the long-lasting friendships that make everyone feel as if they are part of a big, extended family.
A Message to our Customers ...
April 16, 2020
At The Woodlands, the safety and well-being of our residents and staff is always our top priority. We are actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation and implementing measures to keep those who live and work at The Woodlands safe.
As we read and receive information each day, we want you to know that we are have been and continue to implement measures to minimize the impact of COVID-19. We are closely following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control. The Woodlands has been operating under stringent social distancing and sanitation guidelines set forth by the Commonwealth of Virginia and Centers for Disease Control since the beginning of March.
Safety measures include:
· Restriction of all visitation except for approved healthcare providers and certain compassionate care situations.
· Screening and monitoring of all healthcare personnel and residents for symptoms of respiratory illness.
· Daily monitoring of resident and staff body temperatures.
· Prevention of non-essential healthcare personnel and volunteers from entering the community.
· Limitations on or cancellation of all group activities within the community.
· Promoting social distancing of 6 feet apart and no gatherings of greater than ten.
· All staff are required to wear masks and head covering, hair bonnets.
· Homemade cloth masks have been given to each resident which are to be worn when they are in the common areas of the community.
· Meals are being delivered to each apartment home, the Dining Room and Bistro have been closed.
· The use of Skype or Facetime is available to all residents for connecting with family and medical providers.
· Elevators are limited to one family unit at a time.
· And of course, posters are visible throughout the building promoting the importance of washing hands.
We continue looking forward to assisting you in pursuing The Woodlands lifestyle. While we are not conducting one-on-one appointments, we are available to speak with you on the telephone as well as provide photos and videos of available apartment homes. Until we talk, please take care and be safe.